Well, it was Friday and I have to say that I was excited and exhausted all at once when I woke up this morning.  I was excited because I knew tonight was going to be a load of fun, but I was exhausted just thinking about the fact that I would not be going home for too long in between.  I got myself up and going this morning and managed to get the kids going for the day as well.  They seemed as tired as I was but we all got ourselves out of our “fogs” very quickly.  The kids got off to school on time and after waiting for the babysitter, I got off to work on time.  I got to school and got things set up for my day today.  I have to say that things seemed to go better at school.  I started to get into the “game” when it comes to filming my students and the projects they are working on.  My one class continued watching “West Side Story” and my seventh graders had one more day for organizing and scripting before we begin recording next week.  I got through my workday and even managed to have some time to organize myself and my classroom, which happens very few times in a school year, so I took the time to do it.  The one bummer today was that I forgot my Super Glue when I left this morning to super glue on my sticky clips.  So, my wife was nice enough to go home and get the glue and drive it to school and leave it in my car for me to pick up this afternoon and use.  I got done with my school day and breathed a sigh of relief.  Somehow, this shorter school week seemed longer than most.  I’m not sure why.

I got done with my school day and raced home.  Once I got there I immediately started to set out to get things into my car for the “Boo at the Zoo” event.  It took me about a half an hour and I then went back in the house, talked to my children about their school day and my wife about her work day as I ate some dinner.  I got going a little later than I wanted to, but that was because dinner took longer to warm up than I had wanted to.  I got to the zoo and Ian and Jeff had beat me there already.  So, I took Ian up over the hill and showed him the scenario and my thoughts.  We then went back down the hill and decided to get things out and get changed.  I really could have used my wife tonight as it was really hard to get dressed this evening with four of us trying to get into costume all at once.  I felt like even more of an idiot because Ian asked me to get his helmet for him and I accidentally tried to move his helmet by it’s stalk and I managed to snap it where he had pinned it previously.  That kind of sucked, because now I feel like a heel because I broke Ian’s helmet.  I did manage to get him super glue so he could make it through the evening this evening.  We then went up the hill and got into position.  We had quite the beginning because we lost power to our area twice before we got that fixed.  But, once we got it going, we were cranking along.  I think the audience for the “Boo at the Zoo” event loved us in our area and we did manage to scare quite a few people at our event.  At the same time, however, we had run-ins with teenagers that couldn’t help but pester us.  Then there were the “groupies”.  That’s right, we had a bunch of girls that could not stop coming back and asking us questions and talking to us and were infactuated with men in armor.  I found this oddly interesting as we’ve never had groupies at an event before.  But, now we have, and it was an interesting experience.  We got done with the night and went back and packed things up and tore down what we brought along.  Ian, James, and Danny came over to my house and we watched “The Clone Wars” which my wife taped for us tonight.  On the way to my house, we stopped at Taco Bell and I fell to temptation and bought some food.  But, because of time, I didn’t eat much of a dinner and felt justified (yeah right!).  We watched the show, talked for a little bit and I went and dropped Danny off at home and came home and went to bed with Heather around midnight.  Our kids had, in the meantime, been dropped off at a lock-in at the church and we would not see them till tomorrow morning at ten a.m.  So, Heather got some serious time alone at home tonight, which she enjoyed.  We recorded our watching of “The Clone Wars”, so that post will follow.


Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )


Connecting to %s

%d bloggers like this: