‘Star Wars: Shatterpoint, A Clone Wars Novel’ – Chapter 5: Blood Fever (Part 3)

Sunday.  It’s time for me to drive home and I have to say that it seems like the drive home is going to seem longer than the drive up here.  Austin and I got up around seven-thirty or so and said good-bye to my parents before they had to go to church this morning.  Austin was bright eyed and bushy tailed as he always is in the morning and I can’t say the same for me.  Me, I was my usually groggy self before getting ready for the day.  After saying goodbye to my parents, Austin got things packed up in the room while I hoped in the shower before we left.  I know it wasn’t that long ago, but it seems like we’ve been gone way more than one day.  I got out of the shower and got things put together and then we loaded up the car.  We did one last “room sweep” to make sure we had everything and then we were out the door and into the car and on our way home to Binghamton.  But before we could get on the Thruway, there were some things we needed to take care of.  We went to the Webster Delta Sonic and got some gas.  I was pleased to find out they had a Dunkin Donuts there as Austin and I were going to stop at McDonald’s on our way home, but I like Dunkin Donuts’ breakfasts better.  We got some donuts, juice, and a coffee to go and got right on the road.  As my dad would sing, “On the road again!”

We then got right onto 490 and then right onto the Thruway.  Austin and I talked for a little while and I have to say that my son has really become quite the little man.  He has a lot of maturing to do, but I am impressed with how mature he is at the point at which he is in life.  He really understands the world a lot better than I did at his age.  In some ways, it makes his old man very proud of him!  Anyway, after a while, he fell asleep and I was desperate to try and keep my attention and it was now ten o’clock in the morning and I figured that Heather was awake by now, so I called her and talked with her until I got to Syracuse.  I got off the Thruway at the Syracuse exit and Austin and I got off at the exit for the Carousel Mall.  I can’t believe that they’ve started construction on the mall project in Syracuse.  They plan on making the Carousel as big as the Mall of America and I have to say that when the mall is done, it’s going to be HUGE!!!  I was impressed with how big they plan on making it.  They took out half the parking, which I think will be an issue later on when trying to put in parking for the mall.  Austin and I went in and used their restrooms and it was about ten o’clock or so.  I thought the mall shops would be open, but so my surprise they were not.  I was a little upset as I had heard at the Zahn event yesterday that the “build your own lightsaber” kit from Master Replicas was now down to $50 at Radio Shack.  So, I thought I would pick it up on my way home, but evidently that wasn’t the case.  So, Austin and I got on the road again.  Once we got onto I-81, Austin fell asleep again and I started text-flirting with my wife, which is something we do for fun.  I got home by noon and was exhausted.  So Austin, Heather, and myself all had a short little nap while the girls finished folding laundry in the living room upstairs.

We rested for about a half an hour and then decided to go out and have a lunch out of the house, so we headed to Burger King and had a fast-food lunch.  It saved Heather some work at home and made the kids happy all at once.  We then headed over to Radio Shack to see if they had the lightsabers.  They didn’t have them, but had one shipped from Rochester to Binghamton.  We stopped at CVS and the Giant on our way home.  We got home and I took everything apart from the weekend and put it away.  I also got a little choked up when I realized all the work that had to be done, yet again, on my armor.  Crap!  Anyway, I then went downstairs and worked on a bunch of different things, including catching up on some more grading and doing what I needed to, to get things ready for the end of the quarter.  Before I knew it, it was dinner time and I went upstairs and helped Heather grill a little and we all sat down and ate dinner.  After dinner I sat down and just watched some T.V. and then Heather and I went to bed.  It’s been a long day and I’m hoping this is not a signal as to how long my week is going to be this week.  We’ll have to see.
Okay, let’s talk about Part 3 of Chapter 5 of “Star Wars:  Shatterpoint, A Clone Wars Novel” by Matthew Woodring Stover…..

Chapter 5 (Part 3):  Mace moved the grenade into the starbooard turbojet intake using The Force.  The grenade wasn’t a grenade persay, it simply contained gas and that is what streamed out of the engine.  That is, until engine parts  went whizzing all over the piece of metal that ripped the engine apart from the inside.  The ship went swerving and bounced off the side of the mountain cliff they were standing under and Mace asked Nick if he had any questions.  Mace then took off, using The Force to leap and jump from place to place trying to avoid the flames form the fires.  He headed off toward Chalk and her akk dog named Galthra.  Two more gunships approached as Besh’s grasser was down and burning alive.  Lesh’s grasser had already been blown to pieces.  Both Lesh and Besh were now hiding behind one of the dead akk dogs using it’s strong skin as protection from the blaster fire.  Mace noted that behind himself the first gunship pilot managed to gain control of his ailing ship.  As he noted this, he felt that Chalk was still alive, so he stole her connection to her akk dog, Galthra, by using The Force and connecting the akk dog to himself.  Mace managed to flip through the air and land on Galthra’s back.  Although she was not trained to carry creatures with her the two entities began to act as one.  Mace then loaded up the over-under with another grenade as Mace noted that another gunship had pulled up just behind them and opened a missile launch bay door.  Mace couldn’t help but note the perfect timeing of this situation…..

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s

%d bloggers like this: