‘Star Wars: Shatterpoint, A Clone Wars Novel’ – Chapter 5: Blood Fever (Part 2)

Saturday.  What a day!  I’m exhausted as I write this and I even know that I’m writing this later than it happened, but I’m still exhausted!  My parents had an awesome breakfast prepared for Austin and I.  We got up around seven o’clock this morning and we had some nice Belgian waffles with my parents.  My mom was so proud at being able to use the new waffle maker she got for Christmas, how could we not eat the waffles they made.  Besides, they were really good!  Austin and I ate our fill of waffles and then started to get our things together for today.  We were out the door by about eight-thirty and headed for the Fairport School District Middle School where the Teen Book Fair was going on that Timothy Zahn was going to be at.  On our way there, Charles called to tell me that he was already there.  I got to the school and went in and scoped out the facilities with Charles.

They weren’t great facilities, but we’ve had worse before too, so they weren’t bad either.  We got a locker room to change in which really wasn’t a bad choice by the event coordinators.  Charles and I talked for quite a bit of time while we waited on Charles’ wife Mary to show up with the rest of his Qui Gon costume.  Charles’ costume finally got there and we all went into the locker room and changed.  Evidently we didn’t get changed fast enough because we missed the “grand entrance” (which wasn’t that grand from what I heard) of the authors.  We did get to be highlighted at the opening ceremony of the event and there were cameras and flash photography everywhere.

Overall, the event was a blast.  The audience was really accepting of the group and they love me in Mando and my son in mini-Mando.  It really was a great event with the crowd and with the authors.  I was a little disappointed as I didn’t get a chance to interview Mr. Zahn, but I did get a chance to get a new copy of “Heir to the Empire” signed as well as my autograph book as well.  It was a great time.  We had a schedule and it wasn’t too bad.  I was impressed with the fact that they provided each of us with a lunch and all we had to do was act as “security” at one of Timothy Zahn’s question sessions.  I convinced Charles to stay a little longer in the morning and throughout the morning he and Mary told me more about our member in the Binghamton group and what is going on in his life.  I wanted to leave the event and go sweep my friend away from his problems, but we weren’t sure that would even help if he needed it.  We talked for quite some time and I really felt closer to Charles and Mary before either one of them left.  I stuck around till almost the end of the event.  I did find out some interesting info on the Rochester group and the 501st group which may help to mend some fences that have been broken in the past.  We’ll have to see as time will only tell when it comes to those things.

We got done with the event and both Austin and I went out to my car to put things away.  However, while we were there, my vest was hanging on my trunk and it got blown off and it fell onto the ground and the collar piece broke on the back.  In some ways I was upset, but not really.  I needed to make a new collar piece for my backplate and this would give me the excuse to get it done.  I got done with the event and tried to get ahold of Josh and was unable to do so.  So, I called my mom and told her that Austin and I were on our way to Nick Tahous to get some garbage plates and that we may be home later or maybe not depending on whether or not I can get ahold of Josh.  I no more than hung up on her than Josh called me and said I could eat dinner with them and to pick him and Jo up two more garbage plates.  So, we headed out to Lyle Avenue in Rochester (took the scenic route as I had forgotten how to get there).  We got there and Charles called me while I was in Tahous (Which is now called Stevie T’s for those of you that don’t know now) and said we should try and get together later.  I agreed and asked where and we agreed to meet at the Webster Friendly’s later.  So, we got our plates to go and headed to Josh and Joanne’s.

Austin did his best to try and keep the plates level but the poor guy had more hot sauce and grease spilled on himself than I think I’ve ever eaten from Tahous.  But, as he stated, he saved the car!  We went in the house and visited with Josh and Joanne and got a chance to meet Lily (I think that’s how you spell it).  She’s such a cute girl and I have to say very quiet.  I didn’t want to hold the baby for several reasons.  I still have this fear of holding babies.  I’m always afraid I’m going to drop them which I got over for my own children, but I’m not sure I could do for someone else’s children.  Also, I still have some of that cold that I’ve had over the past few weeks and I just didn’t think it would be fair for me to get her sick.  Besides, Joann looked like she really was bonding well with Lilly.  We all sat down and ate some Tahou’s plates together and then visited for a little bit.  I told Josh I would have to leave when Charles called me to let me know he was leaving work in Henrietta.  After about an hour of visiting, Charles called and Austin and I left.  We went to my parents’ house and they agreed to watch Austin.  I explained to them about the situation with my friend in Binghamton and that Charles and I wanted to sit down and talk about the situation.  They were okay with it and watched Austin while I went to Friendly’s.  Charles, Mary, and myself talked about a lot of different things and yet again, I feel as though Charles and I really have found an understanding with each other.  We agreed that our friend needed help, but we didn’t know how to help him.  I told Charles that I would help in any way.  Even if that meant taking over some of the work on the FanForce group to take the pressure off of our friend and Charles said he would let me know after he talked to him.  We had a great time talking and I hate to say it, but it wasn’t till midnight that I got home.  I felt bad for my parents as I didn’t even do that to them as a teenager.  But, my dad seemed okay with it.  I went right to bed and tried to get some sleep before our ride home tomorrow.  Wow!  What a day and I have to drive home tomorrow!
Okay, let’s talk about Part 2 of Chapter 5 of “Star Wars:  Shatterpoint, A Clone Wars Novel” by Matthew Woodring Stover…..

Chapter 5 (Part 2):  The gunships fired concussion missled back down the pass at Besh and Lesh.  These explosions sent pieces of molten rock through the air that scolded both Mace and Nick’s clothes.  Mace used The Force to snag the over-under and grenade packs they captured from Pelek Baw and told Nick to jump.  At that, a missile hit their own grasser as both men jumped off.  Mace used The Force to guide both their jump and their landing, but Nick still managed to get knockes unconscious from the blast.  Mace place him between two boulders that would shield him from the heat of he fire and told NIck to stay there.  Nick asked if he was crazy and if he knew what those gunships carried.  Then Mace told him exactly what weapons were on these heavy weaponed ships.  Then Nick said that their armor is impenetrable as Mace put a grenade into the over-under.  Nick asked Mace what he was gonna do and Windu simply said, win.  As the gunship went to make another pass, Mace launched a grenade from his over-under.  He wasn’t concerned with aim and that is why he launched the grenade in such a high over-arching path…..

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s

%d bloggers like this: